Established Established in 1981 as a business division, in 1985 as a limited company in its own right.
HFI acquires and organizes trade fairs outside Germany. The main target markets are China, South-East Asia, Australia, Turkey, Russia, the USA, Mexico and Brazil. The operational business and the preparation and organization of events in the individual countries are carried out by the employees of the various local subsidiaries.
Through its M&A department HFI supports its foreign companies to achieve inorganic growth.
The main function of the M&A department is to provide project management services for the acquisition of businesses or parts of businesses, and the formation and merger of companies. Specific tasks include the identification of potential target businesses, the conduct of due diligence processes and valuations, the drafting and negotiation of transaction structures, price and contract negotiations, and the coordination of lawyers and consultants
HFI manages and markets Deutsche Messe’s trade fair brands via its subsidiaries. As part of its global brand responsibility, HFI is responsible for developing trade fairs worldwide as a single, complete package. This in-house approach ensures maximum customer satisfaction worldwide.
In specific terms this means:
- The conceptualization and realization of the company’s own trade fairs in foreign countries
- The realization of trade fairs from Deutsche Messe’s portfolio, in close collaboration with the business units of the parent company in foreign countries
- Official event organizer for Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economics and Technology, responsible for the organization and supervision of pavilions for multiple exhibitors, as well as presentations for various organizations, trade associations and national pavilions at trade fairs, world exhibitions and one-off events
- Training and career development for our subsidiaries in foreign countries
- The main function of the M&A department is to provide project management services for the acquisition of businesses or parts of businesses, and the formation and merger of companies.
- The identification of potential target businesses, the conduct of due diligence processes and valuations, the drafting and negotiation of transaction structures, price and contract negotiations, and the coordination of lawyers and consultants also form part of the M&A department’s remit.
All activities are aimed at matching supply to demand in all the world’s key growth regions. For this reason Hannover Fairs International GmbH concentrates on foreign markets that function as an international hub, with the potential to attract large numbers of exhibitors and visitors.
In order to be able to offer a standard of service comparable to that of the Hannover exhibition centre, Hannover Fairs International GmbH has its own subsidiaries at key locations, as well as a global network of local representatives.
To enable its clients to achieve their marketing objectives, Hannover Fairs International GmbH offers:
- Many years of experience and inside knowledge of sectors and markets
- Customized trade fairs and targeted exhibitor concepts
- Ongoing development of existing concepts to meet changing needs
- Established commercial and technical know-how
- A network of international contacts and foreign subsidiaries
- Transfer of the core strengths of the Hannover-based trade fairs into international markets
- Tried and tested communication and trade fair services
In order to maintain and develop the existing high standard of its foreign business, Hannover Fairs International GmbH is constantly seeking to improve on the status quo in all areas of its operations.
To deliver effective support for its overseas trade fair development in China, South-East Asia, Australia, Turkey, Russia, USA, Mexico and Brazil, Hannover Fairs International GmbH has a portfolio of highly capable subsidiaries at its disposal.